Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Beautiful Love Story






One day, I woke early in the morning to watch the sunrise.
Ah the beauty of God's creation is beyond description.
As I watched, I praised God for His beautiful work.
As I sat there, I felt the Lord's presence with me.
He asked me, "
Do you love me?"
I answered, "
Of course, God! You are my Lord and Saviour!"
*******************************************
Then He asked,
"
If you were physically handicapped, would you still love me?"
I was perplexed. I looked down upon my arms, legs and the rest of my
body and wondered how many things I wouldn't; be able to do, the
things that I took for granted.
 
And I answered, "
It would be tough Lord, but I would still love You."
*******************************************
Then the Lord said,
"
If you were blind, would you still love my creation?"
How could I love something without being able to see it?
Then I thought of all the blind people in the world and how many of them
still loved God and His creation.

So I answered, "
Its hard to think of it, but I would still love you."
*******************************************
The Lord then asked me,
"
If you were deaf, would you still listen to my word?"
How could I listen to anything being deaf?

Then I understood. Listening to God's Word is not merely using our ears, but our hearts.

I answered, "
It would be tough, but I would still listen to Your word."
*******************************************
The Lord then asked, "
If you were mute, would you still praise My Name?"
How could I praise without a voice?
Then it occurred to me: God wants us to sing from our very heart and soul. It never matters what we sound like. And praising God is not always with a song, but when we are
persecuted, we give God praise with our words of thanks.

So I answered, "
Though I could not physically sing, I would still praise Your Name”.
*******************************************
And the Lord asked, "
Do you really love Me?"
With courage and a strong conviction, I answered boldly, "
Yes Lord! I love You because You are the one and true God!"
I thought I had answered well, but God asked,"THEN WHY DO YOU SIN?"
I answered, "
Because I am only human. I am not perfect.""THEN WHY IN TIMES OF PEACE DO YOU STRAY THE FURTHEST?
WHY ONLY IN TIMES OF TROUBLE DO YOU PRAY THE EARNEST?
"

No answers. Only tears.

The Lord continued: "
Why ask things so selfishly? Why ask things so unfaithfully?"
I tried to answer, but there was no answer to give.
 
"You are blessed with life. I made you not to throw this gift away. I have blessed you with talents to serve Me, but you continue to turn away. I have revealed My Word to you, but you do not gain in knowledge. I have spoken to you but your ears were closed. I have shown My blessings to you, but your eyes were turned away. I have sent you servants, but you sat idly by as they were pushed away. I have heard your prayers and I have answered them all."
 "DO YOU TRULY LOVE ME?"
I could not answer. How could I? I was embarrassed beyond belief. I had no excuse. What could I say to this? When my heart had cried out and the tears had flowed, I said, “
Please forgive me Lord. I am unworthy to be Your child."

The Lord answered, "
That is My Grace, My child."

I asked, "
Then why do you continue to forgive me? Why do You love me so?"

The Lord answered, "
Because you are My creation. You are my child. I will never abandon you.
When you cry, I will have compassion and cry with you. When you shout with joy, I will laugh with you. When you are down, I will encourage you. When you fall, I will raise you up. When you are tired, I will carry you. I will be with you till the end of days, and I will love you forever
.
"

Never had I cried so hard before. How could I have been so cold? How could I have hurt God as I had done? I asked God, "
How much do You love me?"

The Lord stretched out His arms, and I saw His nail-pierced hands. "
This much, he said
."
I bowed down at the feet of God
 

Have a  Shining Week ahead.... 
Let your light shine in even the darkness of nights and enlighten the path in front of you with your knowledge and sensibility……..

2 comments:

  1. Nice story my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really liked the way you showed the love between god and a human.... truly good prags..keep it up ...

    ReplyDelete